Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Baby Visit II

Woo-hoo! 


I've got some work travel coming up this month that has me in Albuquerue on a Wednesday, and then continuing on to LA on Thursday.  My LA setting happens to be on a Friday, and LA is so close to San Fran, and San Fran happens to be the location of my newest adorable baby nephew. 


Yesssss! 


It just so happens that my sister-in-law is leaving town that same Friday, which means my brother will be spending his first weekend alone with baby Willard.


And that definitely means his big sister should come for the weekend and help (although she really has no experience with babies to speak of, at least not in the last 20 years since said brother was a mere babe himself)!


So I just booked a flight from LA to San Fran and I'll get a few days with the little guy. 


Happy!


And while I'm in LA, I'm going to get to have dinner with one of my best running buddies who moved there.  I kind of wish I had more time, because I have one former co-worker and one other running buddy I'd like to see, but this one wins:
Those are his buffs.  I always make fun of him when he wears one.  Now that's he's all Mr. California, he's got a bunch of them.  Anyway, I can't even begin to count the number of miles, and laughs, we have shared together.  About 5? 8? years ago, some woman he married dragged him out to Cali, and there he lives.  They come back a couple times a year since his folks are here, and they have their own cute little California baby (well, toddler now) too.  It will be so great to get to see him again. 
This makes work travel infinitely more fun -- combining with family and friends! 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I know you were bummed out before after returning home, so it is great you can get out there and lavish love on little Willard :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So happy for for you to visit your brother & nephew again! Say hi to San Fran for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I am so happy for you that you will be able to spend time with Willard.

    Maybe your friend will lend you a buff if you go for a run!!

    ReplyDelete