Friday, February 20, 2015

Relative Cold

It is so hard for me to get out of bed in the morning and go run when it's cold out and I've given up caffeine for 40 days.  I KNOW that most of the country is much colder than we are.

I sometimes check my parents' weather to remind me I'm lucky.  This was yesterday morning:

 
But it's still not fun.  I love mild weather running.  Anything between 40 and 60 makes me so excited to get out there. 
 
And once I get going, even if it's in the 30s, I'm always fine.  It's the getting out of bed, getting dressed, and getting out of my car that is the issue.
 
I'm ready for spring.  We've been in the 60s and 70s for highs lately, but they say it's going to drop next week, which is moot for me since I get a guaranteed cold front -- a work trip to Philly.
 
Anyway, just b!tching, sharing what's on my mind...

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha--whenever I want to look on the bright side, I check Minneapolis' weather, which I still have on my phone from my trip there last fall. I agree that the cold always seems worse until you actually get out in & start running. But I'm ready for spring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, on Instagram today I posted about how my TimeHop from a year ago reminded me how we had 3 days of unusual warmth - one in the 50s, one in the 60s and one in the 40s - before diving back to the 'Polar Vortex. This year (2015) so far we have had two days above freezing - and NONE above 40! And more sub-zero mornings than above zero! Ugh. Done. Sure I still get out and do it every day ... but yeah.

    And yes, I still read all of your posts - even if I am really awful about commenting lately! It was funny how my wife was telling me about crappy customer service on the day you wrote 'Patience' ... there are ways to manage multiple customers.

    ReplyDelete