Thursday, June 27, 2013

Philadelphia Hotel Mystery

This was just too much confusion after a travel day that turned out to be much longer than it should have been:

In order.

What they handed me at the front desk (note the room number): 

What I saw when I got off the elevator on the 11th floor:

A close-up of that sign since the photo was blurry (just wanted to show there wasn't another sign nearby or anything in the photo above): 
 
So yes, I was confused.  After a few minutes of wandering the hall, I actually gave up.  Oppressively tired, feet hurt, hungry, crabby.  I just went down to the lobby and asked for a room on lower floor.  Thankfully, I didn't get x10 (I got 618 instead).  Whew.  Problem solved. 

4 comments:

  1. I wonder where 1110 was?! That was so smart of you to just ask for a different room. I bet I would've wandered endlessly for a LONG time, getting more frustrated with each minute. If it ever happens to me, I'm going to take a page from your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think on some level, I wondered if it was a joke and I was on Candid Camera or something. I think that was part of what helped me give up.

      Delete
  2. Nice post with great details. I really appreciate your info. Thanks for sharing. hotel design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's hilarious! How could they leave out 1110 from the floor?!

    ReplyDelete