Monday, September 20, 2010

Yikes, still sore

My calfs are still insanely tight.  More on the left leg, but both of them are sore to the touch.  They feel like two big bruises right below my knees.  More on the inner calf.  If it wasn't both legs, I'd worry it was another gastrocnemius issue, but I think I'm just sore. 

When will I learn that I need to stretch after a hard 5k, just as much as I need to stretch after an easy 15 miles?  Another rookie mistake!  Oh well, I took it very easy at camp this morning and worked out with the woman who is usually the slowest person out there.  We skipped most of the running, though I probably jogged about 8 minutes with her at a very easy pace.  Perfect.  I felt okay while running, like my legs were loosening up a bit.  Hopefully they'll be better tomorrow -- an easy 6 on the schedule.  I don't think I've had an easy 6 miles on a group run since June!  Unfortunately I haven't found many stretches where I can really feel it pull yet, but maybe just taking it easy is all I need.

1 comment:

  1. More stretching! Hehe. Stretching after a good workout is one of my favorite things in the world. Hope you get your calves to feel better!

    ReplyDelete