Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Spoke Too Soon

Foot pain was worse than ever this morning when I got up.  I was in the closet grabbing clothes and it was still really painful to move, but it loosened up by the time I was dressed and the run was pain free.  We had hills today, 7.5 miles of them -- ugh!  Apparently we maintained an 8:42 average, but it was tough.  We did two loops and then a half loop.  Joy ran as well, so that was nice.  Elizabeth left an interesting article about White Sands on my windshield that I'll have to read tonight.  I wanted to go back to sleep this morning after eating and getting cleaned up, but they're doing a bunch of work on our condo, so I dozed a bit but soon it was too noisy.  I saw a commercial on tv for a "foot and heel pain center" and wrote down the number, I may try to see Elizabeth's doc and to call this place.  The only other time I had foot problems was about 2-3 years ago and it was my peroneus longus, but I wasn't overly impressed with my doc, so I'd like to find someone else. 

Have plane tickets on hold for the marathon right now.  Trying to decide if it's a good idea to use miles and buy one ticket and fly direct, or just buy two tickets for about $100 more and have a stop (and save the miles for our big trip next year).  We're not supposed to be spending much right now, but oh, direct would be nice.  The cool thing about the stop though is that it's Atlanta and a good friend that we haven't seen since the wedding lives there, so maybe we'd have a long enough layover for a quick visit.  The AC is worried about the 10 mile race, he really hasn't been feeling great lately and hasn't been posting his typical running times.  Hopefully it will get better in the next few months, or he'll be miserable that wknd.  I feel so badly for him and want him to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment