We had a lovely weekend, complete with a trip to Nacogdoches for the Blueberry Festival, accidentally having one of our phones start a small electrical fire while we were sleeping in a hotel with very old wiring, a 10 mile "long" run, a "lightly heated" yoga class, a monster salad bar trip with my godson (and his family), and way too much sun (but no burn fortunately).
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links there so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Bedroom Habits
1. Do you set an alarm clock? If so, for what time? I always set an alarm except on the very occasional Saturday when I get to sleep in. I'll occasionally wake up before my alarm, but that's usually because hubby gets up earlier than I do most days, and sometimes I'll hear him. On Mon/Wed/Fri, my alarm goes off at 5. On Tue/Thur/Sun, my alarm goes off at 4:45. Saturdays it varies. This past weekend it was 6:30 because we had to be up early to be in line for blueberry pancakes.
2. How many hours of sleep do you get on an average night? Most nights I aim for 7-8, as close to 8 as possible. I succeed in "lights out" 7-8 hours before the alarm about 4-5 nights a week. The other nights I get less, which I know isn't good, but getting up that early makes it tough when I also have an evening commitment. But if I sleep later and skip my morning workout, it's a slippery slope, so I don't give myself that option. I'm up and at 'em, tired or not.
3. Do you bring your laptop to bed? No, but my iphone, which is almost as bad.
4. How many pillows do you require to sleep? 1
5. Do you sleep with socks on? Never.
6. How often do you change the sheets? As often as possible. Lately we've been busy, so it's about once a week, but I love it when I have enough time to do clean sheets every day or two. It completely grosses me out to think about all those mites that live on our sheets and feed off dead skin cells.
7. Do you remember your dreams? Sometimes, but not usually. Maybe once a week or so on average?
8. Which side of the bed do you sleep on? If you're standing at the foot of the bed, looking at the bed, I'm on the right. We sometimes switch sides in hotels or when staying in someone's house. Hubby likes to be closer to the door (he says it's to protect me, from what? the boogeyman and monsters is my best guess). The one exception is my childhood bedroom. There's a double bed in there now, and I take the side closer to the door (the left side from the foot).
9. How often do you take naps? It's odd, I feel like a baby runner lately. I used to always nap after Sunday long runs. For years that was my habit. Then somehow I guess I got used to the distance, and I'd only nap after 20 milers. But now I'm back to being a baby runner. The last 2-3 weeks, I've been napping every Sunday. I get home from the run, refuel, flip on Law & Order and try to read a little, and next thing I know, I'm dozing the morning away.
10. Do you sleep soundly? So-so. I had a lot of stress in the last 6 weeks with our company being acquired, and I was waking up constantly. It's gotten better now, but since I'm officially back in marathon training mode, I usually get up at least once a night to pee.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! And hey…try saying hi to someone new this week! Happy Monday, Friends…