Friday, February 11, 2011

Big Breakfast

Our neighbors, who are among our favorite people in the world as I've said before, are getting ready to go to Michigan for a little while.  They leave tomorrow, and I know I'll spend a week or two in withdrawal.  Lately, we've been eating dinner together at our place most Saturday nights (carb-loading for me for Sunday morning runs), and she's been coming over to watch The Bachelor with me 1-2 nights per week, depending how long it takes us to get through an episode (that is, how many minutes the show spends on pause while we discuss).  I'm going to miss them a lot. 

Anyway, for the past couple weeks, we've been trying to find a good morning to eat breakfast together.  They offered to have us over to try their spectacular homemade waffles.

Well, today was the day.  It was perfect since it's Friday so I can wear jeans to work, plus my Thursday 10-miler (with 4 fast) got moved to today, so I knew I'd be starving.

So hubby went to boot camp, I went to run (went pretty well, though I ran alone for much of the time).  Then we met at home, washed some berries (they're out of produce since they're about to leave town), and headed next door for waffles (I ate six!!!), coffee and fruit.  It was such a relaxing morning, it sucked that I had to leave.  Hubby stayed behind to hang out longer while I came home to get ready for work. 

When I got home and took off my nasty running clothes, I realized I have about a three inch long mark on my chest, right at the bottom of my bra or the top of my HR monitor.  Not sure which was the culprit.  It didn't hurt when I got in the shower the way it does if I've actually chafed, so not sure what went wrong.  But it hurts...

I am contemplating a rest day for tomorrow.  Our planned schedule this week was:

Sun - 18 miles w/ 6 at race pace
Mon- rest
Tues - 9 miles w/ 4 in zone 2
Wed - 8 miles easy
Thurs - 10 miles w/ 4 in zone 3
Fri - 5 miles optional
Sat - 8 miles easy
Sun - 20 miles easy

My actual schedule so far has been:

Sun - 18.1 miles w/ 6 at race pace
Mon - easy boot camp (0 miles)
Tues - 9.2 miles w/ 3 in zone 2 (HR was slow to come down after the 3 miles I aimed for zone 2, so I had 1 extra mile in zone 2)
Wed - boot camp and 4.6 miles easy (on ice)
Thurs - rest
Fri - 10 miles w/ 1 in zone 3 and 3 in zone 2 (just couldn't get my HR up enough, felt sluggish)


So I know I'll head out for the 20 on Sunday.  If I run 8 tomorrow, that would put me at 38 miles in 3 days!!!  I'm worried that's just too much for me, particularly at my level of experience/training/fitness, etc.  I mean, realistically, having run a dozen marathons over the last half-decade isn't a ton of experience.  I'm not used to a higher mileage schedule yet.  I worry 38 miles in 3 days would be a recipe for injury. 

So I might just cut it back to 5 tomorrow, I might take tomorrowcompletely off.  Guess I'll just see what I feel like doing.  The smartest plan would probably be to do some yoga or something.  But there's no reason I couldn't run and do yoga.

Okay, I'll put yoga on my to-do list for tomorrow.  Maybe it will help with some general tightness I've been having.  And I'll be able to stretch out this massive breakfast that is sitting in my belly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment