Friday, February 25, 2011

Piling on the Miles

I was afraid to post about this last week b/c of a nagging fear that maybe the wheels would come off this week, but so far, so good.

Last week (2/13-2/19), I had my highest mileage week EVER of running.  54.9.  As I've posted before, I'd been close to that for odd circumstances a couple times (a week where I had to go long on Sun and Sat), and legitimately a couple times.  But this was legit and higher than ever.

Not high mileage for some (I have a few friends who are regularly in the 80s every week, which I can't fathom), but I have done about a dozen marathons where I've peaked at mileage in the mid-40s, and had most weeks in the upper 30s.  This is huge for me. 

This past week was recovery, and I'm feeling the high miles from last week a bit, but no real pains.  Just some general aches and tightness.  I seriously need to add in some yoga.  Right now I'm about as flexible as a dry piece of dead wood.  But at least I'm not in any real pain.  It's just all so stiff. 

But even scarier than hitting 54.9, it looks like I'm about to do it again.  Looking to the coming week, we have 22 on Sunday, 9 on Tues, 7 on Wed, 10 on Thurs, and 7 on Sat, plus 5 optional on Fri.  That totals up to 55 if I don't do anything on Fri. 

I'm about to go into my 3 highest mileage weeks ever.  55-60, then 52-57, then 57-63.  And then the numbers will drop a bit.  Looks like it'll be about 38, then 48, then 50, then tapering. 

Assuming I get my scheduled 5 in tomorrow and my 22 on Sunday, February 2011 is going to be my highest mileage month ever.  I'll be knocking on the door of the 190s.  Wow...

All this running had better pay off with a kick @ss PR in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment