Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pain No. 1

During our run this morning (9 miles with 4 in the next heart rate level), several people were talking about some pains that have been cropping up.  Sore hips, sore gluts, sore quads, sore calves, etc.  And I didn't say anything, but I was thinking it was quite surprising I didn't have my own complain to add.

Usually when I hit weekly mileage in the mid- to upper-40s, it's very close to marathon times and the pains are piling up.  This year, I'm still more than two months out from the marathon and as of 5:15 this morning, was feeling good. 

Had a solid run and felt pretty good the whole time.  Ran with someone I don't know very well and loved the chance to talk to her. 

Stretched when I finished briefly and came home. 

And now my left hamstring feels tight.  Hmm.  Where did that come from??!!  I'm going to try to do some extra stretching today and see if I can't either roll it or get my husband to try to rub it after work.  It's way too early for something to be hurting.  But is it?  There have been several other seasons where the first sore spots have cropped up a couple months before the race, and they've gone away in time. 

Either way, it kind of sucks.  Oh well.  One tight hamstring for one day isn't reason for me to worry.  I just want to make sure it doesn't become one painful hamstring for multiple days! 

1 comment:

  1. Tight hamstrings aren't bad at all! Foam rollers are great for that! My sis ran with shin splints for most of her training and now she has to take a few months off running.

    ReplyDelete