Saturday, February 19, 2011

Whew...

Well, I wouldn't say I killed it this morning, but I was satisfied with the efforts of my lactate threshold test.  It's still very hard for me to pace myself right now.  Since we're not doing actual speed work per se, I don't have a strong sense of how fast a pace I can sustain for 30 minutes. 

Today I ran 10 minutes fast, and then did the next 10 minutes about 20 seconds slower, and the final 10 minutes at the same pace as the second set of 10 minutes.  It was a faster average than during my 10k effort last month.

I'm not sure if it will change my pace group or not.  My heart rate was slightly lower than it was at the 10k race, but I think I didn't push quite as hard and of course I'm not sick anymore (or medicated). 

But regardless, seeing the people who finished near me, I was pretty happy with that. 

We've spent the rest of the day being very lazy.  We finished watching a movie -- El Alamein (review below), then we watched the Bachelor (finally!), then we made lunch and watched Waiting for Superman.  Then we decided to walk our errands.  We went to the mailbox, then to the tailor to drop off some pants of mine to be hemmed, then to the gas station to drop off the redbox movie (Waiting for Superman, the AC had gotten it from a coworker), then we did some measuring on the trail using my garmin, then we stopped home to pick up some clothes, then to the dry cleaners. 

And now we're getting ready to undertake some home cleaning/organizing projects, and then we'll make dinner and hit the hay early I hope.  My weekly miles this week have been the highest ever, and I'm feeling it.

El Alamein Movie Review.  This is an Italian film about the front line in Egypt during WWII.  It's the perfect compromise.  While I have an abiding interest in WWII, I don't love WWII movies (I prefer books because sometimes films can be too graphic and they're often fictionalized and don't get into as much detail as I like), but I like WWII movies nonetheless.  My hubby doesn't like war movies at all really, but he loves anything in Italian (even Balli Proibiti, which is the dubbed version of Dirty Dancing).  So this film was a good choice for us -- WWII for me, Italian language for him.  The odd thing about watching Italian WWII films is that you're rooting for the enemy.  The characters you get to know are Italian soldiers, and they lose.  Kind of sad.  But typical Italian movie ending...  We both liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment