Monday, February 14, 2011

Costco Fail

One of my resolutions this year was to work on reducing some of my clutter.  For unknown reasons, I have ended up with a bathroom drawer nearly full of hotel-sized bottles of products.  So, since January, I've been trying to work through the backlog.  I'm finally basically out of conditioner, except a couple sets I've saved for our guest bathroom. 

We don't have a Costco membership, but usually tag along with our neighbors about twice a year.  So when we went with them in mid-January, I saw a 40 oz. bottle of my conditioner there and figured I'd pick it up.  After all, I use conditioner just about every day, and it's not like it's going to go bad. 

Well, it's been a complete failure.  First, the bottle is too big to fit in the rack that holds our shampoo bottles from the shower head.  That's okay, I can leave it on the shelf in the shower, or on the seat.  But worse, second, the bottle is too big to hold, especially with wet hands.  So on my first morning attempting to use it, I dropped it not once, but twice.  And have basically busted off almost the entire top. 

It's fine for now, until the bottle gets fairly empty.  Then I won't be able to store it upside down and that means I'll have to wait forever for the conditioner to pour down the huge bottle, or I'll end up pitching it early, negating any cost savings we attained.

Live and learn!

But whining about a conditioner bottle is better than complaining about feeling achy today -- I actually feel pretty good.  Left hamstring is kind of tight, but maybe I'll do some stretching tonight.  We may be cancelling our VD dinner plans since hubby is home sick from work.  He had a fever this morning and is feeling pretty lousy...

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you pour some info a smaller bottle that would fit where you like to store it and would be easier to hold with wet hands. I am a big fan of buying in bulk and that's what I do. Hope your hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your hubby feels better! I'm thinking about trying out Costco...i just love going in there and trying the samples, hehe.

    ReplyDelete