Sunday, February 20, 2011

LSD

We had 14 easy miles on the schedule this morning.  Hilly route, but it all went pretty well.  My heart rate was a lot lower than I would have guessed -- I think my body is pretty shot from yesterday, but my heart doesn't know it.  That's good I guess!

No big plans for today.  I have a long to do list, but all non-taxing, relaxing stuff like organizing my personal email, captioning and sharing photos, etc.  We got some major stuff done around the house yesterday, and that makes me feel good too.  Big item on my list today is to do some major stretching.  A month or so ago, a woman in our training group sent us info on a stretch called heavy legs on the wall.  I did it yesterday and will make time for it again today.  Basically you lay on your back on the floor with your butt up against the wall and your legs up against the wall.  You just lay there in that position for about 20 minutes.  Yesterday I took a little break around 15 minutes but went back into it for another 5.  I had my husband feel the back of my legs while I was in it -- my hammies felt rock solid.  I was joking that he wouldn't be able to tell if he was feeling my leg or the wall.  Crazy how tight they are, but I'm telling myself it's not just tight, it's strong.  Anyway, an enjoyable stretch to have on the itinerary today. 

So not much to report really.  Close to 70 miles over the course of 8 days and my legs are holding up well.  Not high mileage for some, but definitely for me.  In years past, I've been around low to mid-40s most weeks of marathon training.  It will be very interesting to see if all these miles add up to an impressive finish in Boston. 

No comments:

Post a Comment