Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hermine = Road Block

No run this morning, the tropical depression Hermine that is sitting on top of Dallas made it too wet. 

If you ignore the very first week of my training schedule (during which I missed three days on the schedule b/c of a family member in the hospital), I think today is the very first day where I've completely missed a scheduled run.  I guess technically I also miss almost every single Saturday scheduled run, but I get in at least a couple miles on Fridays, which are supposed to be our off day (I switched the 2 but still don't run the full scheduled distance usually).  I suppose I missed a scheduled run on July 4, but I have worked out and logged running miles at least 5 days a week every single week since May 30.  I have not missed a single group run (Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday), except that very first Tuesday. 

I say all that to make myself feel better.  I'll probably just take today's miles and move them to Friday, and skip the Saturday miles completely.  I'm over 27 miles for the week as of right now (which is low, but I still have 3 days left).  Even if I skip Saturday and just log a few on Friday, plus do the schedule tomorrow, I should still be mid-30s.

I kind of think mid-30s is the bare minimum for this stage of marathon training, but I've been at 43.2 and 44.3 for the last two weeks, so one step down week won't kill me. 

Aside from missing my run today, the rest of day has been complete $hit.  Major house problem happening today, and major family health issue that's arisen today -- and possibly creating an impending financial crisis.  Very bad news.  The financial crisis is coming, it's just a question of when.  I need to buckle down at work, but I can't focus at all.  I want to go home, go to bed and pull the covers over my head and not come out until it's sunny in all senses of the word.  What a rotten day.  Hopefully I will be able to hammer out the stress at the track tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment