Throughout the month of December (loosely defined), I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.
Day 26 – Five Moments
Tell us about five moments you don’t want to forget from 2013.
1. Dinner at The French Laundry.
2. Finishing the Berlin Marathon with a PR. And then, with a beer in my hand, getting in a pedicab with my husband for a ride back to the hotel.
3. First Christmas with one sister-in-law (they've been with her parents or she's worked before).
4. Riding in a gondola in Venice and kissing under the bridges.
5. Winning my first beer mile.
1. Running a hilly 5k in July with my accounting buddy and seeing her PR.
2. Winning my age group in a semi-big half-marathon.
3. Attending my 20 year high school reunion.
4. First in my age group in a 5k, not a big deal, but significant because it was witnessed by my husband and less than 30 seconds off my PR.
5. Many commutes on foot, some with my accounting buddy, some with other running friends.
I definitely enjoyed 2013!
I asked my husband his five:
1. Standing along a road in San Francisco looking at the Bay Bridge and taking pictures.
2. Riding in the gondola in Venice.
3. Standing on the bridge in Germany looking at the Neuchwanstein castle.
4. Snowmobiling over Christmas.
5. Fun lunch with his son in San Francisco.
I laughed that all his came from the last 3 months of the year. Apparently the first 9 months were just a wash for him. He listed our rehearsal dinner anniversary party in April as a contender but it didn't make his final list.