Tuesday, January 14, 2014

#Reverb13, Day 20: Gratitude

Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.

Day 20 – Gratitude

How did you show gratitude this year? Did you keep a gratitude journal? How do you want gratitude to play a role in your life in 2014?

I'm not a very religious person, but in some ways, I feel like I show gratitude by living my life as I do.  I show gratitude for and take advantage of my health and my schedule by training for and running marathons.  I show my gratitude for my job by doing it well and managing my money carefully.  I show my gratitude for my sometimes better than I deserve husband by complimenting him and telling him I love him (his love language is affirmation), and by trying to be a good wife and doing things he'll appreciate.  I show my gratitude for my wonderful family by staying in touch with them even though we don't live close, and spending precious time/money on visits and calls.  I show my gratitude for the job done by some professional contacts by sending an email to that person's boss explaining very clearly what the person has done, how it helped me, and (most importantly) how it benefitted the boss/company. 

I don't keep a gratitude journal and don't think I'll start, but it's an interesting idea.  Looking toward 2014, I should make more of an effort to send the "higher up rave" emails.  And while I don't do it often, those "thank you for your friendship" type notes and cards really mean a lot to at least some people, so maybe I should do that more. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Carina! I also hope I show gratitude just in the way I live. I did start a gratitude journal this year, and it's been fun, but I think living the life is more powerful. Also love that you guys do love languages - mine is affirmation, too :).

    ReplyDelete