Friday, January 17, 2014

#Reverb13, Day 25: Covet

Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.

Day 25 – Covet
 
What did you covet this year? Are you working towards getting that, or just admiring it from afar? Is it a tangible thing, or just an idea? Tell us about what you’ve got your sights set on.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, my top "want" is travel.  And I got what I wanted in 2013.  A trip to Mardi Gras, visits to family in Pittsburgh, 6 days in the San Francisco area, a long weekend in Kansas City.  But most of all, it was the trip to Europe.  A marathon in Berlin, Oktoberfest in Munich, a short visit to Liechtenstein, a bit of time in Switzerland, time with family in Italy, a romantic trip for just the two of us to Venice, and then a stop in Amsterdam (planned primarily so we could enjoy a direct flight home!). 

But in terms of "things"...

I posted a wish list in May 2013 here

And wow, I've now gotten the top couple things that I coveted the most -- a Vera Bradley garment bag and an awesome blender (actually got a Breville for Christmas, not the Vitamix).  For Christmas, I also got a dinner fork and a knife that go with our set of silver, so now we're up to service for 9 (well, fork and knife service).  And we've gotten rid of our old pre-lit Christmas tree so we will have to buy a new one this year!  Well, we have exactly gotten rid of it, but we will. 

As for setting my sights for 2014, the primary goal will be to pay for our trip in the fall.  We're still not 100% sure where we're going, but we are thinking it will be India, Nepal, Maldives and maybe a stop in Dubai on the way home. 

In terms of things, the next big thing on my wishlist is a bicycle, but at the same time, I don't feel a strong desire for it.  Back when I made that wishlist, I was thinking I'd get my marathon goal time in Berlin and then maybe I'd move on to triathlons or something.  But I didn't get my goal, so I'm not really thinking about any other sports.  I still have unfinished business with the marathon! 

The other thing on the wishlist is a new Christmas tree.  Ours is going to be donated (hopefully next week!) and I want a new one.  Maybe not as heavy, but primarily one that has all the lights working! 

No comments:

Post a Comment