But particularly when I don't like deciding what to write, Friend Making Mondays are good at getting me to write SOMETHING.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Friend Makin’ Mondays
2. Share the last compliment you received. Not sure, husband usually tells me I look pretty or sexy or cute most days. The last concrete one I remember was last night when he was (finally!) washing dishes from Friday night's dinner party, he was complimenting my cooking, which means a lot to me.
3. What is one thing that you plan to accomplish in the next week? I have one of my few "big" weeks at work this week. Pre-conference call call is today, and the actually call is set for Wed. I plan to kick butt on presenting my cases on both calls!
4. What is your favorite TV show currently on air? The Bachelor, new season started last night with a preview show and actually starts tonight.
5. If you could go anywhere in the world free for the next two weeks, where you go? I'm going to choose a variety of islands in the Pacific. I'd like to hop between Bora Bora and Iwo Jima and many places in between, getting a good mix of spectacularly beautiful island relaxation and some war history.
6. Describe a significant event in your life that caused you to change your values system. I think my values have been pretty consistent my whole life. Having family members die and getting married have probably been the two biggest changes.
7. What made you decide to live where you currently live? The weather. I went to a top ten law school, so everyone in the class (well, at least not at the bottom of the class, but maybe them too), really got to choose where in the country they wanted to go. I wanted a big city that was warm but definitely not in California or Florida. I ended up looking at Houston (which I hated), Dallas and Atlanta. And I think Atlanta would have been fine, I just liked Dallas.
8. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about GOD? I guess I think about giong to church.
9. If you could have a long conversation with someone famous (and alive now) who would you choose? Meb Keflezieghi. He's been my running idol for a long time, and while I've met him and talked to him, it wasn't a long conversation.
10. List three things that you’re thankful for today.
- Heat! It's record-cold here so this morning's boot camp was indoors but still nice to come home to warmth.
- My new blender (got it for Christmas) made me enjoy making my breakfast smoothie today.
- My job. This week is going to be busy and it's important that I'm "on" but having just done a first look at our taxes and our vacation plans for 2014, I can't help but be grateful for something that challenges me intellectually, where I feel like I'm doing something important, that enables me to work with good people, and that pays me well!