Saturday, January 11, 2014

#Reverb13, Day 17: 30 Days

Throughout the month of December (errr... January), I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.

Day 17 – 30 Days
They say it takes 30 days to make or break a habit. What did you start? What did you quit?

I'm not sure that the "30 days" rule for habits applies to something that you don't do on a daily basis, but my new 2013 habit was definitely running to work round trip about two days per week for the first 9 months of the year. 

And I quit facebook for the year.  That was actually a hard habit to break.  During TV commercials, while sitting in my car waiting for someone, before I fell asleep, etc., my instinct was to reach for my phone and check FB (I didn't post often, but I liked to "like" and comment and just read).  I still reached for my phone, but instead of FB, I played Sudoku usually, and occasionally browsed Pinterest. 

But both of those were 2013 things.  I haven't run to work yet this year (it doesn't help that it's bitter cold right now), and I have looked at FB twice in 2014 already (definitely nothing like the multiple times per day I was checking before). 

No comments:

Post a Comment