I had a kind of unproductive and frustrating weekend. Saturday was lovely and kind of lazy -- a yoga class, clearing off the DVR a bit, cheering for a friend competing in a Crossfit competition, cleaning up and then having a few friends over for dinner while I carb-loaded for Sunday's run. My long run was 18 miles and fortunately went very well. But then it went downhill. I got home to 2 messes -- a broken garbage disposal that leaked under our sink (just a mess it appears, but will be a pain to get fixed as I'm about to go out of town for Hood to Coast), and a blaring fire alarm (the building fire detector had a defective panel it turns out). It was a test of my patience and sanity (and eardrums) to clear out the stuff under the sink and dry it off while the alarm was sounding. Then I fled to brunch -- way too much food (double hashbrowns and 4 plate-sized pancakes that I couldn't finish, but I tried, just to delay going back to that blaring alarm). By the time I got home, the alarm had been fixed. But then it was just too late in the day and my productivity had been sucked away. I spent hours "resting my legs" while watching TV and studying Chinese and napping. All the stuff I was supposed to do -- sorting out our Chinese visas, booking a hotel in Xian, packing for Hood to Coast -- just didn't happen. Next thing I knew, it was 6:00! Guess that means I'm going to be up late a few nights this week... oh well. I'll work on the visas at lunch today, packing at night after yoga, and the hotel can wait until next week.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Will you vote in the upcoming presidential election? Probably. If I lived in a state where I actually felt my vote had any chance of being important, definitely. But this year, we'll be in China for most of the early voting time, and then I think in Chicago the weekend before the election, so life may be very chaotic on election day. So for the first time ever, there's a chance I won't. The election is important to me, but Texas isn't going to be a swing state.
2. Do you say curse words? Yes, but sometimes I make an effort not to, I seem to go through phases.
3. Have you ever kissed a stranger? Hmm, a stranger? Like grabbing a random guy on New Year's and kissing? No. But kissing someone I met that day or night? Yes.
4. If you could choose to meet only one fellow blogger in person right now who would you choose? Tough call. Some bloggers that I read regularly have super-exciting stuff going on right now -- marathon training, tri training, babies, wedding planning. Some bloggers have such interesting histories (things like being in the Peace Corps in Africa) that I'd love to hear about and I think we'd have so much in common. And some of other favorite bloggers have basically stopped blogging, but I'd still love to meet them. But since this question is on a Monday, and she seems to have had a really rough week last week, I'd go with Bella, who is the blogger who got me into blogging.
5. What is the most inappropriate pick-up line that anyone has ever used on you? I've got nothing, it's been too long! The wedding ring discourages hearing lines (or maybe it's just me!).
6. Do you sing in the shower? No.
7. How often do you get drunk? Probably about 3 times per year on average. I probably drink more than one drink about once every few weeks. I probably have a single drink or less about once a week on average (it's odd to say that right now since I haven't had any alcohol in a pretty long time, but I'm sure I will after I finish the relay this weekend, and then next weekend while my best friend is in town). When I'm in my peak training weeks for a marathon or tapering, I don't drink at all. But as for actually getting drunk, I'd say about 3 times a year.
8. Have you ever been fired from a job? Not really, more like the soft "you should look elsewhere and can work here until then" kind of thing. But at that job, I also knew it wasn't working for me and had already been looking.
9. Were you popular in high school? I didn't hang out with the "in" crowd, but I had a solid group of friends -- mostly debaters and tennis players. But I wasn't picked on and I was friendly with many of the "in" crowd (just never would go to parties or anything with them).
10. Who is your current celebrity crush? Don't really have one unless you count Gianfranco Fini...
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, friends!