Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Business Casual Attire

Our office is business casual.  To different people, that means different things.  My boss, a VP, (male) often wears slacks and a polo shirt, or slacks and a button-down shirt.  The male attorney next door to me often wears a short-sleeved button-down shirt and fairly casual pants.  The female attorney on the other side of my office generally works from home, but when she is in the office, she is dressed very casually.  The (male) president of our company usually wears slacks and a long-sleeved button-down shirt -- sometimes with cowboy boots or other funky shoes (he is very stylish).  The other VP I occasionally report to (female) usually dresses very casually -- sometimes a soccer type shirt and pants.  We're all allowed to wear jeans on Fridays, but that's no longer an issue for me, as I work from home on Fridays.

Most days I attempt to wear at least one dressier piece of clothing, either top half or bottom half.  Tailored looking slacks with a more casual machine-wash type top.  Or machine wash pants with a button-down shirt (which may be wrinkle release and machine wash, but somehow seems kind of dressy to me). 

It's very rare that I go totally casual as I did today -- a short sleeved polo shirt and machine wash khakis, along with navy loafer type shoes.

It's also very rare that I meet directly with the president of our company. 

Guess which day I had to meet with him. 

Haha.  Of course, I have lovely outfits that I have worn or plan to wear every single other day this week, but no, today, when this messy conflict issue first comes up and I need to discuss it with him, it is of course the first day in a month or more that I dressed totally casually.

Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment