Saturday, December 7, 2013

#Reverb13, Day 6: Blowing Out the Candles

Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days. 

Day 6 – Blowing Out the Candles
You’re another year older! How did you celebrate the passage of another year? Did it turn out the way you had hoped?

My birthday wasn't too exciting this year.  I finally posted about it here.  The highlights were an early 8 mile run with my running buddies. 

I actually ended up working kind of late.  Instead of running home from work, which I was doing most days in late August as I was all about marathon training, I got picked up by my husband, who had also gotten stuck at work late.  Acutally, reading my birthday recap post about why he was late just made me sad -- remembering that poor guy who lost his legs.  Yikes.  I wonder whatever happened to him.

Anyway, for dinner that night, we went out to dinner at one of my favorite casual restaurants, a pizza place.  And one of the coolest parts was that my husband didn't object at all when I picked out appetizers and salad to share (they don't do invidual options there) that I know he hated but I loved.  And then I got an awesome pizza, bundt cakes from my accounting buddy, and the next day, a Sprinkles cupcake from my husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment