Saturday, December 7, 2013

#Reverb13, Day 4: 20/20

Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.

Day 4 – 20/20
Hindsight is the one thing we never benefit from in the present. Is there one moment you wish you could do over?

Hmm, maybe not a particular moment, but on various training runs when the going got tough and I allowed myself to let off the gas a bit.  But let's think of things other than running.

Dinner at the French Laundry!  I'd love to do that 5 hour moment over again and again -- not that I'd do anything different! 

Haha, I suppose this is supposed to be about things that we would do differently...

I wish we'd left our hotel in Munich earlier in the morning one day so we would have had time to go see Eagle's Nest, one of Hitler's headquarters.

I wish I'd taken the time to go home over the summer to see my grandpa after his stroke, I can't wait to be home in 12 days to see him.

I regret not taking a phone charger and some "cash money" to Oktoberfest in Germany since those things would have made life much easier.

I regret taking this very trip to Philadelphia.  Our settlement conference busted and now I'm stuck here for who knows how long due to the horrible weather in Dallas.  I had a million things I wanted to do at home to get ready for the holidays, and most of all, I want to be with my sweet husband who has been working crazy hours lately and is off all day today -- while instead I sit in an airport on standby with tons of other people in the same boat. 

But overall, no real regrets this year or particular moments I'd do differently.  I suppose that's good! 

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about being stuck in Philadelphia! That sucks, especially when you could be iced-in at home with your husband. Safe travels… hopefully it will warm up enough tomorrow afternoon for some of the ice to melt and let more flights in safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dinner at French Laundry is definitely something I could see you (or me) doing over again and again. So good! The next time you're around these parts, let's make sure to get together.

    I'm sure you grandpa is looking forward to your visit as much as you are!

    ReplyDelete