Friday, December 13, 2013

#Reverb13, Day 10: Inspiration

Throughout the month of December, I’ll be participating in #reverb13: Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days.

Day 10 – Inspiration:
What inspired you this year? How do you think this inspiration will impact the year to come?

It feels kind of cheesy, but I felt largely inspired by several blogs I read, my accounting co-worker who made huge fitness strides, and my running buddies.

This was intended to be the year of the marathon.  So when I read blogs about people losing weight and getting more active, or about buckling down and training hard for a goal marathon time, it made me want to do the same.  I feel like I've got a few blogs that I love, that are well-written and interesting.  They're linked in my sidebar and they regularly inspire me. 

As I mentioned, I had an accounting co-worker who was just starting her fitness journey in January and I spent a lot of time with her.  Seeing her run for her very first minute on a treadmill.  Seeing her at the end of her very first mile with only a single walk-break (I remember exactly where we were, and even what the sky looked like!).  Seeing her finish her first 5k.  And most especially now, not seeing her -- or I should say, seeing her but not recognizing her.  She has undergone a complete transformation (along your lines, Bella) and everyone in our office has noticed it.  While she and sometimes others are quick to pat me on the back for getting her going, as we all know, if you don't want to get healthier, all the encouragement in the world won't mean a thing.  She did the work, she deserves the credit. 

And then there are my running buddies.  Several of them have made very significant leaps in the last few years.  It's crazy to think that we were running together and now several of these GUYS have their BQ times and are flirting with sub-3 marathons.  My core group of running friends have all been pushing the envelope this year.  Lots of great track work.  Lots of strong base miles.  And since we have fun at the same time, they all inspire me to want to work hard so I can continue to hang.  They're an awesome group and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment