Friday night we had a big dinner party with other people running the marathon in Berlin along with their spouses. It was very chaotic, and thank goodness my local bestie was the first to arrive -- she helped me pull it all together. Hubby was a rock-star, doing all the chopping for the day, and then hooking guests up with parking passes and drinks. Dinner went really well and we had so much fun.
Saturday was lazy in the extreme. Hungover, oppressively tired, no "must do" list. We spent almost all day in bed watching TV. We did manage to get the kitchen and dining room 90% back in order, and the other 10% got done on Sunday.
Sunday was a long run, only 15 miles, which was nice, and then more laziness. Watching TV, doing laundry, starting my "Europe" packing pile, working on some other projects.
This week is one of our 4 audit weeks per year at work, so it will be busy...
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Relationships and Dating
1. List five characteristics that you think are important in a significant other. I think it's important for someone to be considerate, reliable, trustworthy, affectionate, and attractive.
2. If you had to choose between staying single for the next two years (as in, no dating at all,) or receiving $10,000, which would you choose? Not sure how to answer this since I'm not single. But staying married or $10,000 is an easy question obviously. When I was single, I think I'd say I would have rather dated than get $10,000, but I certainly spent many years in a job that paid very well and effectively prevented me from dating, and actions speak louder than words, so maybe that was really my choice... In some ways, that was probably good -- I think my husband is very happy he didn't marry into the original $100,000 of student loan debt that I had. That wouldn't have been fun for him. Either way, worked out in the end!
3. What is your relationship status? Are you satisfied with it? Married, very happily! We have been married since April 2009, so in some ways it still feels pretty new.
4. Would you date someone who has children? At this point, obviously I wouldn't date anyone since that would probably bother my husband a lot. But yes, when I was single, I dated a couple guys who were divorced and had kids, and I now have a step-son, but he's grown up so it's not like I have to worry about trying to raise someone else's child.
5. Would you date someone who’s shorter than you? When I was single, no, I never dated anyone shorter. I'm only 5'5", so not too many guys shorter than me, but I'm just not attracted to that.
6. Would you date someone who has different political views? When I was single, I did, but now that I'm married, I think it's very important to me that we're on the same page for the things I care about most. Similar values are very important I think, but obviously it would be less interesting if we agreed on everything.
7. If you were going on vacation together, would you choose the beach or the mountains? Well, we're going to Europe next week and this trip will be mountains and beach. We're driving through the Alps and spending a night in Lugano, and his family lives in Southern Italy (in Calabria) near the water. We spend at least one day usually in the beach town where we got engaged and then married. But usually, if I have to choose beach or mountains, I choose mountains since that's what hubby prefers and I'm really happy either way.
8. How do you show someone that you’re interested in them? Haha, hubby thinks I want to get busy every time I twirl my hair or make googly eyes at him.
9. Do you prefer to date people who are older than you or younger? I only dated a couple guys younger than me. Hubby is older.
10. Share some details of your dream date. For me, the perfect date would last all day. Sleeping in, breakfast in bed, going to the lake and doing something like running or biking or kayaking or stand-up paddle boarding or paddleboating or sailing, then having a picnic at the lake, then in the evening, probably going out for dinner and drinks.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Say hello to someone new too! Happy Monday!