Monday, June 17, 2013

FMM: Just Wondering

Had a crazy good weekend that I will have to write about later.  And I'm working from home today because hubby had his surgery follow-up appointment this afternoon (and we're already back from the hospital and it went very well!). 

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Just Wondering

1. Do you wear glasses and/or contacts? Yes, contacts usually but on the rare day when I don't workout, then sometimes I'll wear my glasses instead.  I really can't imagine running in regular glasses, and I can't imagine running without them (too dangerous).  I've thought about doing Lasik or something similar, but now I'm just a few years away from 40 so I kind of want to wait and see if my eyes change at all. 

2. Do you have summer vacation plans? If so, where are you going? Well, a couple trips to Philly for work in the next few weeks.  A trip to Pittsburgh at the end of July to visit the in-laws.  A trip to Kansas City at the end of August for my 20th high school reunion.  But nothing big or long -- our big trip starts on Sept. 25 to Europe, and we'll be back in the middle of October. 

3. What is your favorite food to eat for breakfast? I do smoothies almost every day with spinach, peaches, strawberries, blueberries and sometimes other fruit, plus soy milk and protein powder.  But in terms of favorite foods, my mom makes an amazing bread that we eat on Christmas, and she also makes a now vegetarian version for me of creamed chipped beef on toast, and in general, I looooove a good order of blueberry pancakes or some fancy french toast.  But 98% of days, it's the smoothie...

4. Do you enjoy window shopping?  Not particularly.  I don't like shopping in general, and when I do shop, I'd rather buy.

5. What is your favorite candle scent? I'm not a summer candle person -- it's like 100 degrees here already.  In general, I like vanilla candles and I love the usual fall scents. 

6. If you had to choose between going to a zoo or an aquarium, which one would you pick?  Hmm, growing up (actually until I was about 26), zoos were some of my favorite places in the world, but I've started to have second thoughts about keeping animals cooped up like that for human enjoyment primarily.  Aquariums have always been fun though and don't bother me in the slightest! 
 
7. How many times do you plan to exercise this week?  Probably all 7 days.  Did a long run Sunday and nothing else, boot camp today and nothing else.  Tomorrow will be running with my friends, then running to work, then running to the track, then the track meet (4 workouts!), Wed. will be boot camp, running to work, running home (3 workouts!), Thurs. will be running with friends then running to work (2 workouts!), Fri. will be running with friends.  Not sure yet about Saturday -- probably running alone or with hubby, and possibly yoga. 

8. Do you speak another language fluently?  Yes, Italian.  I minored in French in college, so I also understand that, but I haven't spoken it in years really.  I have some very basic functionality in Mandarin, but that's mostly just communicating what I need to say (understanding is hard), and it's not even close to fluency. 

9. What are you currently reading? I’m finishing up Lean In, and the Lost and Forgotten Languages of ShangHai, and I'm just starting Olive Kitteridge. 

10. What are you looking forward to most in the coming week?  Either the track meet tomorrow night or a pool party with friends Saturday. 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments, and say hi to someone new this week. Happy Monday! 

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Europe! I'm heading to Greece in September :)

    http://growninsouthernground.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/friend-makin-monday-6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your vacation plans!
    I have Olive Kitteridge, but haven't started reading it. Maybe we can begin together and do a virtual book club of sorts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the virtual book club idea! I'm about 15 pages into it, so you can easily catch up!

      Delete