Our weekend was busy. We had a dinner party for 10 people to celebrate the fourth anniversary of our rehearsal dinner. We invited everyone in Dallas who came to Italy for our rehearsal dinner. I meant to take more pictures. Oops. Here are the crappy cell phone pics I remembered to do:
Our anniversary cake -- the cake we had at our Dallas wedding reception was similar in decoration and flavor -- strawberry with strawberry mousse filling. Ordered from the same bakery that did our Dallas reception. No real hope of recreating the cake we had in Italy...
After appetizers are mostly gone -- only 3 tarts left, spinach dip almost completely gone. Wedding "guest book" (a platter signed by all our guests) is in the background.
Veggies -- before I put out the dips (but see the little dip sign I made?):
A single grilled pizza crust before things got underway -- build your own pizzas was our entree, so we made the dough (meaning my husband did, he's Italian so I joke that it's in his genes), then we grill one side of it, then everyone tops the grilled side and then we grill the bottom.
Remnants of pizza toppings and sweet potato fries:
The rest of the weekend was good but uneventful. We were both hung over on Saturday, so we spent most of the day in bed and/or watching tv. Sunday was just stuff around the house and shopping for an anniversary present -- linen is the theme for year 4. Woo-hoo, wild and crazy...
Anyway, now on to Friend Making Mondays. It's a long one this week!
2. What do you plan to eat next? Well, just finished breakfast so next will be my typical weekday morning at work snack -- a whole wheat tortilla filled with spinach and blue cheese crumbles.
3. When did you first travel on a plane? Where did you go? No idea, I think I've been traveling my whole life. First flight I remember was when I was 4 (less than 2 months away from being 5). We were on a little plane that could land on water and we were flying into Alaska on the Fourth of July. Seeing fireworks from that plane was amazing, probably the best experience of my life to that point.
4. Do you currently have a crush on someone? If so, share a few of the reasons why. Funny question since we have our fourth anniversary this week. Our anniversary always makes me feel more loving and in love. Less irritated by the little things that are part of everyday life, more filled with an overwhelming reminder of why I want to spend every single day for the rest of my life with this sweet man.
5. List one thing that disgusts you that probably wouldn’t bother someone else. Hearing (or seeing) people clip their nails in any place other than a nail salon. I beg my husband to do his when I'm not at home or else go outside on the porch. I hate, hate, hate that noise, and thinking of nail clippings makes me want to hurl.
6. If you could buy a new car tomorrow (and money was no object) what would you buy? My dream car is an Aston Martin Vanquish convertible:
But there's actually more of a chance that I am going to order a new car soon. Right now I have a BMW 325 Ci convertible, and it's getting old, so I'm starting to worry at some point, it's going to get expensive. And since we're going to be in Germany in the fall and I've always wanted to do European delivery of a BMW, we've kind of been talking about doing that. I think it's unlikely, but it's on the radar. Part of me is just to cheap though. It would be cheaper than buying a new BMW here, but it's not cheaper than a fully paid off car!
7. Who was the first person who broke your heart? First person was probably a guy in high school named Mike. Oooh, I liked him so much and he liked me, but no where near as much.
8. If you could spend the night with a celebrity tonight, who would it be? Hmm, I'm not really into celebrities in general, but I guess I'll pick runner Meb Keflezighi. He pulled out of the Boston Marathon this year because of a calf injury, but I'd love to hang out with him and hear all about his thoughts on the race, how it was run, etc.
That's him in the USA jersey up front:
9. Are you a morning person or a night person? This is a tough question for me. I think by nature, I am a night person. But after a few years of sporadic workouts, I realized that the only way to really make sure I get it done is to run or work out first thing in the morning. Plus, I live in Texas, and if you work out outside, it doesn't get easier as it gets later in the day. So now, I'm up and out the door to work out before 5:30 a.m. every weekday, and now I sleep in a bit on Sundays, but am still running by 7. (Saturday is my rest day.)
10. What’s your favorite board game? I tend to love almost all of them, but I'd pick a kind of obscure one called Settlers of Catan:
11. Can you play an instrument? If so, what do you play? I took piano lessons for years, but all I can play now is a poor version of Silent Night. C-D-C-A, C-D-C-A, G-G-E-F-F-D (? can't remember exactly, need to be at a keyboard), G-G-F-E-D-C-D-C-A...
12. What is the last thing you ate? I just finished breakfast, which consists of a smoothie. Today's was made of spinach, frozen peaches, frozen cherries, frozen blueberries, soy milk, chia seeds, and protein powder. Plus my array of vitamins -- a multi, calcium, flaxseed oil, turmeric, B12, and chromium picolinate.
13. Do you wear a watch? I do at work, though I actually thought it was stolen from my desk about 2 weeks ago -- turns out it was just in drawer under a blanket (which I took as a possible sign my grandpa was going to be okay; by the way, he is recovering).
14. Do you go to church? Sometimes (of course I went this month for Easter). Right now, I run with friends Sunday mornings, so it's rare, and I also have some major issues with the Dallas diocese of the Episcopal church, so that's another issue. But when I'm home or something? Always.
15. Do you ever wish on stars? Usually on the first one I see.
16. Have you ever been on a motorcycle? Yes, but not often. Unless you count motorini, the scooter bikes all over Italy. I've spent way more time than I'd like on them.
17. What is the last thing you purchased? Men's underpants. Did I mention that the "traditional" fourth anniversary gift is linen? I really struggled with this one. Let's hope he doesn't read the blog in the next three days! Don't worry, it's not all he's getting, but it's the last thing I purchased since it kind of fits the "linen" theme.
18. How big is your bed? Queen. And we already have more sets of sheets than we need, and we both love our bedding, so that wasn't really an option for an anniversary gift.
19. What size shoe do you wear? 8, but of course running shoes you wear much bigger -- I wear a 9.5. And still every other year or so I'll lose a toenail.
20. What are you looking forward to most in the coming week? Our anniversary celebration on Wednesday night. Our actual anniversary is Thursday, but unfortunately, I am going to be in Philly for work.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to go back to her blog and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!