Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April in Texas

I feel like it's tradition for me to do a blog post in early to mid April every year complaining about the weather, usually about the first unseasonably warm morning, but either way, something about crazy Texas weather.

Last year, I posted about the multiple tornado touchdowns that occurred while I was at work on April 3, 2012. 

In 2011, I posted (complained) that it was over 70 degrees at 5 a.m. on April 8, 2011. 

Well, yesterday, April 9, 2013, here is what we had at 4:45 a.m.: 


 
 
Since most people who see this don't live in Dallas, basically I live very close to downtown Dallas.  It's indicated on the center-right of the map as "LOVE" (Dallas's airport is named Love Field).  And yes, at 4:42 a.m. yesterday, it was 70 degrees. 
 
Ugh. 
 
I ran with my friends (we had 800 meter repeats at the track, dreadful, but my times were steady and solid, I just felt like death).  Then I had breakfast and all, and then ran to work.  Showered, worked a full day, and then put on my clothes to walk on the treadmill with a co-worker and then run home -- and my clothes were still somewhat wet from the morning.  Disgusting!  I am not supposed to be sweating that much in early April.
 
But apparently, at least every other year, I am.  Well, if my choices are sweat in early April or snow on more than a freak occasion, I'll choose sweat.  

2 comments:

  1. I'll take 70 over the 30's we've been having lately! I bet you had some humidity too though?Although this week it finally warmed up here!

    That is quite the active day you had yesterday! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately the humidity wasn't bad. I think 58% it said.

      Delete