Monday, October 22, 2012

My Best Drunk Story, part 4

Part 1, part 2, and part 3 have posted earlier this week.  You know, keeping the blog "current" since I'm betting we won't be able to get to websites like blogger in China. 

Anyway, in this awesome memory/non-memory story, we're finally in Poznan, Poland, and the night of the best drunk story of my life is underway. 

I found my brother and his roommate at the bar, even though I got there a little late.  His roommate was an American he knew from college, who I kind of knew from meeting him a couple times. 

It was a weird sailor-themed non-gay bar.  Feeling safe with my brother and another guy nearby, I started drinking, matching my brother and his friend shot-for-shot, beer-for-beer. 

We left the sailor bar and got food from a little stand outside.  I remember spilling a little sauce on my shirt and laughing so hard about it that some drool also ended up on my shirt. 

Oh yes, I was wandering into sloppy drunk territory.

We walked to a dance club, and along the way, my brother for some reason hurled my umbrella up on top of a building.  We all thought that was hilarious. 

We got to the dance club and were required to check our coats.  For some reason, I put my camera in my coat pocket when I checked it.  You know, drunks don't always make smart moves.

And then we danced the night away.  Details are sketchy, but one very clear memory remains -- dancing very suggestively with my brother's roommate to Black Eyed Peas's "Where is the Love?"  And I was so glad my brother was no where to be found. 

I remember thinking hmmm, I'm single, I think he's single, he's only what, seven years younger than me (keep in mind, I'm 28 at this point, so 7 years is a pretty critical difference). 

From there, the night kind of fades to black.  I know it was insanely fun, and I know I stayed at the club until it closed and then got back (alone, fortunately) to my hotel.  

The funniest part of this story is part 5 -- the aftermath.  Coming on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment