I had a busy but unexciting weekend. Lots of packing to get ready to go to China ... this week! OMG! After about a year of contemplating the trip and many, many months with dates on the calendar, it's finally here. Soooo much to do still. I spent lots of time Saturday studying Chinese in my last cram session. Sunday was lots of closet cleaning and packing. I'm not actually packed, but I think I've chosen all the tops I'm taking with me. And I'm excited because I'm taking about 6 "disposable" tops. Things I was thinking about donating I am going to take with me, wear, and leave in China. Hopefully housekeeping can find a good home for them. But it will let my suitcase gradually lighten.
This week is going to be crazy. About a million things to do -- dropping off our mail key for our neighbors, signing our wills, leaving a packet with important documents, alarm code, etc. with a friend, returning library books, depositing checks, going to the pharmacy for antibiotics, Pepto, etc. to take with us, wrapping and delivering my godson's birthday present, shopping for a coat to take with me, shopping for primary walking shoes, registering with the state department, making sure the runners I coach have their plans for the next couple weeks, setting up all bills to be paid, cleaning out the fridge, taking out the trash, shop for a wedding gift for a wedding a few days after we fly back, get a dress for that same wedding, and probably about one million other things I haven't even thought of.
But it's Monday and I'm eating breakfast, so one more Friend Making Monday before the trip.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
Inside Your Home
1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house? We live in a condo but most people would assume it's a townhouse. It's a 3-story walk-up, sharing one wall with our next door neighbors. Lots of people don't know the difference between a townhouse and a condo -- the distinction is who owns the land under your unit -- if you own it, it's a townhouse, if the HOA owns it, it's a condo. Ours is a condo. There are a total of 7 buildings, and about 40 units. First floor is our garage, the laundry, and guest bedroom and bath. Second floor is living room, dining room, kitchen, pantry, half bath, and small porch. Third floor is master bed and bath and a bigger porch.
2. What is your home’s coolest feature? It's located in one of the coolest parts of town, lots of restaurants and shops right out the door, but no homeless people right out the door, which you get downtown. We have the perfect balance! Inside the house, having 3 toilets is nice -- when we both have to go, or so we only have to clean a rarely used one if company is coming. We have an open second floor plan that we like. But best of all is probably the master bedroom and bath -- very spacious.
3. Do you enjoy DIY projects? If so, what are you working on now? No. We actually had a shelf collapse in our guest room closet last week (maybe due to the earthquake?). Hubby attempted to reinstall it, and I promptly piled all my heavy stuff on the top shelf, and less than an hour later, it came crashing back down. So now we have two workers downstairs installing it for us! The extent of our home DIY projects recently was to install a garbage disposal. We wait for my dad to visit for everything else. He's very handy.
4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid? Both. We use those tablet things.
5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? Yes. Used to be very small until about 3 weeks ago, then we got a bigger one from a friend that was supposed to go on our second floor, but it was too big for our armoire, so now we have a huge TV in the bedroom.
6. Is your range gas or electric? Gas. Since I bought new, I got to choose exactly what I wanted!
7. How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? Neither of us sweep much. One of us mops the kitchen floor about once a month maybe? I vacuum every couple weeks, whenever it seems to need it.
8. What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? We have a Crate & Barrel and a Z Gallery each about a block and half away, so that's usually where we go.
9. Do you decorate for holidays? Always for Christmas, not really for anything else.
10. If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose? Our guest bedroom. Right now it's a mishmash of furniture and clutter, no real style. I love the rest of the house.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments. Happy Monday, friends!