Weekend was good and busy. 10k on Saturday morning that was much faster than I planned, but still too slow to PR. The best part was feeling like I was crashing toward the end, and then seeing a super-fast friend who'd already finished heading back my way for his cool down, and turning around to run back in toward the finish with me. It made such a difference! Spent lots of time after the race hanging out at the beer garden (though I wasn't drinking), watching the awards ceremony, and then walking through the Arboretum, looking at the glass sculptures again. After that, lunch, napping, and some major house cleaning with hubby's help. It was actually a thoroughly enjoyable day. Sunday was yet another long run -- 20 miles. Unfortunately, it was all in steady drizzle or steady rain. Ugh. But it was a very strong 20 miles. I made the mistake afterward of not taking an ice bath. I won't make that mistake again. I think the science of ice baths is very mixed, which is why I let myself take a pass on doing it. But given how sore I am today, I will not do that again. Next time I run 20 or more miles, straight into an ice bath. It might not work for everyone, but I think it works for me. Anyway, after the run and getting cleaned up, I met hubby for lunch, came home and organized a little, met my local bestie for an ice cream-cookie sandwich, and then went to yoga.
All in all, the weekend was quite wonderful.
It's going to be a crazy work week I think though. Actually, since I only have 3 more full weeks in the office before we leave for China, I think all the work weeks are going to be more crazy than not. Oh well!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. Have you ever met anyone through your blog that led to an in-person friendship/relationship? No.
2. Most bloggers have a specific niche. What would you discuss if it didn’t seem inappropriate on your blog? I guess maybe more about my family or friends. I wouldn't want to say something that would hurt someone I love, and I wouldn't want to invade anyone's privacy.
3. If you could meet three bloggers, who would they be? I guess I'd say two Amy/Aimees, and one Bella.
4. If you had to choose between Facebook or Twitter which one would you choose? Easy -- Facebook. I haven't gotten into Twitter at all.
5. Do you vlog (video blog)? No.
6. How many blogs do you read on an average day? It depends on the day. On an average day at work where I can take lunch to myself instead of working through, I'd say I read about 8? I've never counted.
7. What is the coolest thing that you’ve seen online recently? Haha, there's a picture on Facebook called "Today's Modern Woman." It says:
Healthy dinner on the table (at dinnertime).
Fit, trim & well-groomed.
Works full time.
Laundry done and put away.
Great sex life.
... pick any two.
It was funny because hubby and I have a pretty clear division of labor. He always grocery shops and I always do laundry. Well, "doing laundry" on a day when I also run 20 miles, is not exactly the same as finishing laundry. I was pretty happy yesterday to have washed darks, folded all darks (but didn't hang up any of his hanging stuff, just laid it flat), and I washed whites and got them either hung to dry or into the dryer. But I didn't get to socks or finishing up the whites. And I know hubby envisions coming home to laundry that's actually done (the same way it irks me if I come home and the groceries aren't put away). So I sent him that little FB photo this morning -- still no response!
8. If you gave your blog a new name what would it be? Maybe something about Dallas or being a vegetarian, but still with some kind of a connection to Italy and to running. Or maybe I'd focus less on running and more on travel -- we only take one big trip per year though, so it would be hard to sustain a blog based on that!
9. Have you ever attended a blog conference like Fitbloggin? If not, would you? No, I haven't, and not likely that I would. It just seems like I don't have enough time to travel for something like that -- well, that's a lie of course. It's just that I wouldn't prioritize something like a blog conference highly enough to do that instead of something else. I'm still not entirely sure why I blog and I've never focused on "growing" my blog or something -- if either of those changed, maybe I would.
10. In the past I have asked why you blog. Now I want to know why you read blogs? What do you take from it? Oooh, I love hearing about what's going on in others' lives. What they're up to, what they're thinking about, what's working, what's not, what goals are being set, what records are being broken. I don't read tons of blogs regularly, but I feel like I care about the people who write the ones I do.
Now it’s your turn to fill out this week’s questions! Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!