We're back in Dallas, safe and sound! Lovely 5 days with the in-laws but no real break from the Dallas heat. Oh well. Ready for a "normal" week at work, hopefully getting my head above water, some yoga, lots of Chinese study. Should be wonderful!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favorite thing about Summer? When I lived everywhere I've lived besides Texas, I'd say the weather, but now I live somewhere with pretty great weather almost all year. So I'd say it's the full calendar. Seems like so many people plan fun social events. And I also love not wondering what to wear to work-out -- I love not having to check the weather or think. But I do hate how cold the office buildings are -- wish I could wear something sleeveless all summer and be comfortable indoors.
2. What is your favorite outdoor activity? Well, I love running, and I do it all summer long (all year really), but it's not ideal in the summer. I'd say my favorite summer outdoor activity is hanging out at the pool, preferably with a beer and a book and a friend or two. I don't do it nearly enough.
3. If you had to choose, would you prefer to be too hot or too cold? Too hot! I get cold very easily and I hate it. I love being warm, even too warm.
4. Does your appetite increase or decrease during warmer months? Does it stay the same? I don’t think it changes much. I do like eating cold foods more -- I love big salads, cereal, etc., and I'm much less likely to cook. If I eat something warm, it's been microwaved.
5. What is your favorite seasonal Summer fruit? Strawberries (followed by peaches, followed by watermelon).
6. Would you prefer to spend a hot summer day at the mall or at a swimming pool? Pool. I pretty much hate the mall year-round.
7. Are you more likely to tan or sunburn? I try very hard to do neither, but usually seems to be some of each. If I'm not out too long, I'll tan, any amount of time and I burn.
8. How does your routine change when Summer begins? No real change except I tend to plan more evening activities.
9. What is the temperature outside where you are today? Supposed to hit 93 -- a nice break from the 100s we've had for the last couple weeks, and where we usually are this time of year.
10. What is your favorite Summer holiday? I think the only summer holiday is the Fourth (I guess maybe Memorial Day or Labor Day count?? Flag Day anyone?), so by default, I'd say the Fourth. My birthday is in the summer, but not really a holiday unfortunately.
Now it’s your turn. Don’t forget to post the answers on your own blog, then come back and link up in the comments! Happy Monday, Friends!