Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dinner Menu

Book Club is at our house this month, tomorrow night, so we're going to be busy cooking today so there's hopefully minimal chaos tomorrow. Only 9 people total, so not too bad.  Hubby will help me today, and my neighbor is going to come over during the day tomorrow to help more.  I feel kind of bad asking her to help since she's not staying for dinner, but I know her well enough to know she won't mind -- cooking and hanging out will be fun.

Thought I'd share the menu.  Since our book club operates to let whoever hosts pick that month's book, it was my choice this month, and so I picked a WWII non-fiction book.  From what I've heard, most people who read it liked it a lot.  I thought it was pretty good.  Anyway, I figured I'd go with a menu I found online -- it's what that funny woman who cooks on the Today show made for the former man of my dreams and his new wife (Wills and Kate) when they were in the US a couple weeks ago.  Figured considering the Brits were our allies, it was logical. 

To start, pea crostini (from her menu).  And I'm also going to put out two kinds of cheese, crackers, and likely a cannellini-garlic dip that I love making.

Entree is going to be individual corn lasagna (I need to swing by Crate & Barrel in a couple hours to buy 4 more ramekins, I only have 6), accompanied by roasted tomatoes and asparagus (I hate tomatoes, so I won't be eating those!).  All that was on her royalty menu.

Then salad.  Not sure yet what I'm doing exactly -- mixed greens, red onion, pear, and cranberry I think.  With balsalmic and oil.

For dessert, it's the tarragon and merlot truffles (from the menu) and lemon pie. 

Still thinking of doing some kind of a signature drink, just need to think a little more and get some of the advance work done.

1 comment: