Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Kicks

This feels like it has been a long week for me. I love my job, but this week it has felt like I have been slammed, going non-stop, from the second I sit down at my desk, until pretty much hours after I intended to get up and go home.

I think it hasn't really been that bad, but it's felt tough because I've felt under the weather. I got what my husband had but either I got on antibiotics early enough or for some other reason it didn't hit me as hard as it hit him. I've felt kind of bad, but okay to work through it. Just so tired from being up much of the night with coughing and congestion. Anyway, that undoubtedly made the week at work seem longer and more difficult than it really was.

Plus sick hubby at home half made me want to be there with him, especially when it was official that I was getting the same bug (before then, I pretty much wanted to be as far away as possible in hopes of not catching it).

But it's finally Friday. I've been able to work out as usual this week, despite the cold/virus thing.

And to get me to speed through boot camp today, new kicks!

Kind of crazy for me. I have worn the exact same shoe for many years now. When I started running, I was heavier than I am now and I think that caused my feet to pronate more. So I'd been fitted at a running store for shoes, and they put me in a stability shoe. But within a few years, running (plus boot camp and actually becoming more of a healthy vegetarian instead of someone who ate chips for dinner because they were vegetarian technically) helped me lose some weight or inches, and my running form apparently changed to. So I gave up my stability Saucony shoe and moved to Brooks Glycerin.

I once tried something new from my Brooks Glycerin. I thought I was ready for a change, and I got fitted for a pair of Nikes. I wore them once and ended up with a blister almost the size of the palm of my hand on the bottom of one of my feet after my first run in the Nikes. Thankfully our running store lets you return shoes that you tried wearing but didn't work out for you! And then I was back into the Brooks.

But today I'm integrating my brand new Adidas Supernova Glides. Sweet!

Here's hoping for no blisters but a bit of variety -- I don't see moving from Brooks permanently at any point in the future, this will just be a new pair to put in the mix.

1 comment:

  1. I love the red laces!! I can imagine how difficult it was to decide to make a switch from the Brooks, but those will be a nice addition to your mix.

    I use different athletic shoes for different activities - my Reebok RealFlex are great for walking (running), but terrible for Zumba. My Aesics are awesome for Zumba and other fitness classes, but not as great for walking. For me, at least.

    ReplyDelete