Thursday, January 24, 2013

Weekend Plans

I'm at one of those points right now where I'm feeling like I have way too much general "must do" stuff that doesn't have any particular deadline, and it's about to all slip out of control. 

In an attempt to restore my own sanity, I'm going to make a list for each day and of the general "do NOW" things.

Friday:
Call my baby brother to say happy birthday
Go out to dinner at Del Frisco's with another couple to celebrate my good friend from law school's bday

Saturday:
5k race in morning with local bestie
Go to a distant suburb with my local bestie for afternoon playtime with my godson and then dinner with his folks and friends who are visiting them that weekend

Sunday:
Long run
Bikram yoga with a friend
Christmas presents with same friend (hers are the last ones left, sitting on my living room floor!)
Dinner with a bunch of friends up near where my husband works, but early dinner

Must do at some point:
Decide what I'm wearing to Mardi Gras (buy a dress or try on something I have to see if it fits)
Choose a hotel for Berlin in Sept. (since we'll be there for the marathon, things will be filling up fast)
Assemble my tax paperwork
Choose recipe for next week's night o' cooking (and make grocery list)
Stupid work stuff -- watch the HIPAA video, clear out admin emails, start our new wellness program goals/entries for discount on health insurance next year
Get organized -- pack lunches for next week, assemble outfits to take in on Monday
Set up my stupid contacts and speeddials at work (my office phone is my new nemesis)
Tackle homeowner's board emails and cast any necessary votes

The problem is, all those things were on my list last week, and the week before that.  I need some way to push myself to actually do them.  Now. 

In reality, I have a lot of free time this weekend, particularly on Saturday.  I just need to avoid getting sucked into my book (less than 100 pages to go!  the only hope is that I'll finish before Saturday), or the TV (Law&Order or a good Lifetime streak seem to spell the end of productivity for me lately).  The key really is to get home from that race on Saturday, put on the TV in the background, and get cracking on the list.  Then Sunday I can lay around and stretch and relax after the run before yoga, and spend that time finishing my book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment