Monday, January 14, 2013

FMM: Interesting Things

My weekend felt insanely short.  And sadly, it doesn't even seem like it was that productive!  Positive things were getting a start on my resolution about entertaining at home (we had a friend over for dinner and one of hubby's coworkers, but not a set-up, but they did get along really well), a great Bikram yoga class, a retirement party for one of hubby's co-workers, and a couple runs.  Negative things were actually the runs.  The lactate threshold 10k was very disappointing.  I didn't pace myself well and I completely ran out of gas.  It was a humid and warm morning.  I managed to get an age group award, but I was more than a minute per mile off a PR, so that just means the field wasn't huge and the weather sucked for everyone.  My "long" run on Sunday was also disappointing.  It wasn't really long this week given that we'd all raced on Saturday, but I couldn't stick it out.  I went out too fast and was out of gas about a quarter mile before the u-turn.  So instead of 9 miles, I ran 8.5, and instead of 9 fun miles with friends, I had 4.25 fun miles with friends and then 4.25 sucky miles mostly alone, though I did run into some other friends for the last 1.5 miles or so. 

Oh, I also went on what would best be called my junior high dream date on Friday night.  I'll have to write about that later this week.  We're going to Pittsburgh on Wed morning to see my in-laws for about 5 days, so I'll hopefully have more time then.

Anyway, since it's Monday...

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Interesting Things
 
1. What is the last movie you saw in a theater? Friday we went to see Zero Dark Thirty (the movie part of my junior high dream date).  I had to pee a little bit when the movie started, and by the time they entered Bin Laden's house, I couldn't wait another second and had to duck out of the theater.  Fortunately, they're in the house for some time, so I didn't miss anything too significant. 

2. How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was in 7th grade, so I guess 12 or 13.  It was outside the roller skating rink and, to my utter horror, it was witnessed by my parents, who were in the line of cars to pick up kids. 

3. Share the coolest thing that you’ve done so far in 2013.  Last weekend we went to a distant suburb for a little mini-vacation.  One of my good friends moved out there and she was having a dinner party, and we didn't want to drive all the way home afterward, so we planned to spend the night at her place.  Major reality check for us -- just because you're hungover doesn't mean the kids won't wake up early.  We both agreed when we left the house that kid-free is 100% the way to go for us! 

4. What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you love it? I have an iPhone, and I love it I suppose, though in 2013 I am making a concerted effort to spend significantly less time on it -- no more face-booking in particular, but also less texting and more talking. 

5. How many times do you plan to workout this week? This week is weird since we'll be in Pittsburgh visiting my in-laws for 5 days.  And I don't know exactly how to count workouts.  Like would my usual Wednesday count as three workouts -- an hour at boot camp, then an hour or so later, running 3.75 miles to work, then about ten hours later running 3.75 miles home?  And does Bikram yoga count?  In a usual week (like last week for example), if you count each separate thing as a workout and if you count yoga, I worked out 13 times, about 12 hours.  But this week, there will be no running to or from work except tomorrow.  So this week, I'm predicting my workouts will be the 2 that I did on Sunday (again, assuming yoga counts), 1 that I did today, 3 tomorrow, 1 on Wed, Thurs and Fri, and probably taking off on Saturday -- so 9 times I guess?  I'd guess only 9 hours total.  Pretty much sucks considering there are 168 hours in a week!  When I think about it that way, maybe 16.8 hours per week would be a good goal.  Someday! 

6. What is your favorite movie from the 80′s? Dirty Dancing or Savannah Smiles.

7. If you could choose one character from a TV show or a movie to fall head over heels for you, who would it be? Well, that would significantly complicate my life!  Maverick from Top Gun? 

8. If you could eat one food everyday for the rest of your life without gaining any weight as a result, what would you choose? Hmm, french fries or cheese?  French fries or cheese?  I almost never eat fries anymore, and I do eat cheese frequently, so I guess I'd go with cheese. 

9. What is your favorite flower? Not sure I really have one.  Maybe hydrangeas? 

10. Did you watch the Golden Globes last night?  No, we had two people over for dinner. 

Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions. Don’t forget to come back and link up in the comments! Also…say hi to someone new this week! Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. French fries *or* cheese? Have BOTH, with gravy... have you had poutine? you should! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked Top Gun as my favorite movie, but Iceman was my guy - drool!

    Stopping in from FMM - hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm I totally picked fries. with chili. and cheese. haha we can only wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could I forget dirty dancing! Great food choice...seriously anything with cheese is awesome!

    Happy FMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from FMM. Fries and cheese are a good option. I'd love if those didn't have calories. lol And I second the 100% kid free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE "Savannah Smiles!!!" Cried every time I watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband used to try to put our son to bed a little later in an attempt to have him wake up a little later. It never worked! Our son seems to be hard wired to wake up between 5:30 and 6.

    Can't wait to hear more about your junior high dream date! Have a safe trip to Pittsburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first kiss story is embarrassing, awkward, and absolutely perfect for a jr. high story! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete