Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 21: Dream List

For the month of December, I'm working on doing the daily series of Reverb prompts to help me reflect on the prior year and hope/plan for the upcoming year. If you're interested, join in; I found this to be a very useful exercise when I did it two years ago.

#reverb12 Day 21: What's on the dream list?

What items did you tick off your dream list in 2012? What other, unexpected, dreams came to fruition?

What are the top three items on your dream list for 2013?

The big item off my dream list in 2012 was traveling around mainland China. 

And easily the other unexpected dream that came to fruition was winning a (small) marathon.  I'm not sure that really counts since obviously I never dreamed of winning a marathon, but I think it will go down in my life history as one of my biggest accomplishments!

For 2013 -- top 3 items are:

a marathon time with which I can happily retire (it's a PR by about 11 minutes),

Oktoberfest with my husband (I've been before with my brother in 2003, think it will be even more fun with hubby and friends), and...

...

...

still thinking...

...

I guess I'll go with a financial goal -- meeting a threshold I've had in my mind for a while.  Actually, it wouldn't even be a dream for 2013 but for the fact that I recently made a big money mistake (putting money where I didn't mean to), and since I couldn't undo it easily, I've lived with it, but it actually brings me closer to my real threshold goal. 

Kind of vague but money, religion, politics, split times, real names, all things I don't want to write about on the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment