Tuesday, December 11, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 11: Music

For the month of December, I'm working on doing the daily series of Reverb prompts to help me reflect on the prior year and hope/plan for the upcoming year. If you're interested, join in; I found this to be a very useful exercise when I did it two years ago.

#reverb12 Day 11: What was music to your ears?

What was music to your ears in 2012, literally or metaphorically?

The two songs that will most remind me of 2012 will be Call Me Maybe and Gangnam Style.  But music to my ears?  It's been the same answer for years -- running sounds.  For me, running sounds are usually my breathing, about 5 sets of feet pounding the pavement together, and conversation with friends.  The rest of the world is pretty quiet when we run at 5:15 in the morning, but I love the sounds.  The cadence, the breaths, the laughs. 

I mentioned before that for this month, I'm not running with my buddies as I attempt to gradually get my body used to doing more miles now that I'm commuting to work on foot a few times per week. 

I miss that group run noise so much.  It's just not the same to hear my own breath and my own steps.  And it's just downright creepy when I laugh alone while running! 

I'm looking forward to getting that music back in January. 

1 comment: