Saturday, December 22, 2012

#Reverb12 Day 20: Lost and Found

For the month of December, I'm working on doing the daily series of Reverb prompts to help me reflect on the prior year and hope/plan for the upcoming year. If you're interested, join in; I found this to be a very useful exercise when I did it two years ago.

#reverb12 Day 20: What was lost and what was found?

What was lost in 2012? What do you intend to find in 2013?  
My mojo!  Running at a slower pace from January through April took a toll.  I then tried to get back to my normal pace, and I worked at that until September, when my plan to run the Beijing Marathon in October was pulled out from under me.  Then I lost a lot of motivation, and then we were on vacation in China, then I got back and now it's the holiday season.    I seem to have no will to push myself lately.  I try to run faster and it's hard, and I ease up.  For no good reason.  I know it's supposed to be hard, and that is how you improve, but I just seem to lack the motivation to do the work.    I intend to find my usual willpower in 2013.    Sometimes lately I've been sleeping in on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, figuring I'll just run a bit longer on my commute to work.  But that has never happened.  Not once.  In January I need to recommit (I know, I know, why wait until January?  but we're in the Great White North with no high in the forecast above 25 any time in the near future, so it will have to wait until we're back in Dallas...). 

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt you will get your speed back Carina, but I do know where you're coming from. Running comes with its highs and lows. I love to see the progression in my speed and distance yet there are certainly times when I enjoy a peaceful leisurely run. It is frustrating to take time off from running for any reason because I am well aware that upon my return I will not be quite as fast as I was before, but I know it's possible to get there again and then some. I am inspired by your running story. I may never qualify for Boston with my times, but I am constantly motivated to keep trying when I read your running posts. I hope you have a wonderful trip up north.

    ReplyDelete