I had a lovely and relatively quiet weekend. Long run was only 12 miles which was so nice. The big excitement was a fire in our oven. I should have probably let it burn out, but we have a gas stove and I was nervous so I used the fire extinguisher. Yikes. That stuff went EVERYWHERE. I mean, white, sandy powder everywhere in the kitchen. Maybe a quarter inch deep in the oven, but a light coating on all countertops, cabinets, floors, etc. Ugh. Just what I wanted to spend my weekend doing -- deep cleaning everything in the kitchen. Oh well. Live and learn. Glad it never became more serious.
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com/ so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: Q & A
1. Share one thing that has changed about you since you began blogging. I had a long-term fitness goal (qualifying for Boston), that finally happened in October 2010, and that has changed my perspective a lot on how I look at my goals, and how I challenge myself.
2. If you were forced to give up chocolate or potato chips for an entire year which one would you choose to live without? I could probably do either without too much trouble. I guess I'd rather give up chocolate? I don't know, tough call...
3. What’s more attractive: A man in a suit, or a man in uniform? Hmm, depends on the day, but I think I'd usually say uniform.
4. If you could be a guest star on a reality show which one would it be? Hmm, this is much easier to answer in the negative. Not Hoarders, not I didn't know I was pregnant, not Locked up Abroad! I guess I'd want to be on something like Amazing Race or House Hunters International.
5. What is the last meal that you prepared for yourself? I made a box of mac and cheese for lunch yesterday, and then I heated up Indian food for us for dinner last night. But this morning I'm in the middle of making slow-simmered seitan stifado that will be in the crockpot today. Thought something Greek might be nice tonight!
6. Is your hair colored, or is it natural? Natural. Absolutely 100%. As in never ever been colored. I guess I used lemon juice a few times about 20 years ago, but my mom never let me color my hair and now I just don't want to start. I don't know if I don't want to see vain, I don't want to be like everyone else (feels like 80% of women in Dallas are dyed blonde), if I'm lazy or cheap, or if I'm just happy with myself the way I am.
7. If you could leave town today and go anywhere, where would you go? My default answer is to southern Italy. But right now I think I'm in more of an Africa mood -- I'd love to be on safari again. Getting up early, watching animals, eating lunch and having tea, then a lovely little nap before going to watch more animals. Maybe I'm feeling a little antisocial today! But my husband has never been on a safari (actually, the only place he's been in Africa is Liberia, so he doesn't have a favorable impression of the continent), so it would be nice if we could do that today. Just us, a driver, maybe a few other tourists. No meetings, no phone calls, just spectacular nature and animals.
8. Do you prefer to exercise at the gym, at home or outside? In order of preference: outside, gym, home. I would say I work out outside 99% of the time. I hate the gym and I never work hard enough at home.
9. Have you ever asked someone out on a date? I can’t remember ever doing it, but I know I've hinted.
10. How many cups of coffee do you drink on an average day? I have a double espresso at home most mornings. No regular coffee under any circumstances. No espresso or any other coffee drink anywhere in the US other than at home (unless we pack our Moka with us on vacation).
11. Do you pack lightly, or do you over pack? I'm usually just about right. Even for several weeks in Europe, I try not to check luggage, so that means I pack very efficiently. But based on my last trip (lovely Indianapolis about 2 weeks ago), I'd have to say I overpack -- three days worth of workout gear packed but never worn!
12. What color are your nails now? Unpolished, decently shaped. I'm not a fingernail polish person on any given day.
13. If you could have lunch with one notable (living) person who inspires you who would it be? Hampton Sides, the author. I've enjoyed so many of his books so much and would love to hear about the research that didn't make the cut.
14. Who is your favorite professional athlete? Hmm, I am going to post about meeting a fun pro athlete (which I got to do on Friday), but even that can't take away my love of Meb Keflezighi! Can't wait to watch him give it his all in London.
15. Gum or mints? Mints I guess becaue I hate hearing people chewing gum, but usually I don't like either. I'd rather just brush my teeth.
16. Have you ever eaten crawfish? Never. Seafood allergy. But I've gone to a crawfish boil annually for about 6 years now. One of my husband's coworkers always has a big party.
17. List one or more human characteristics that are a complete turn-off. Someone who is not dependable. I hate people flaking on plans, not being reliable, not following through.
18. What is your favorite season? My whole life my answer would have been summer. Then I moved to Texas. Now I'd say fall -- the weather in the fall here is much like it is in the summer up north. But really, I still like summer and I like spring too. I just hate being cold.
19. Do you prefer to shake hands or hug? It depends. Given my current finger status (broken I think), I hate shaking hands and of course I'm not going to hug people at work. So I guess I'd say neither. With close friends and family, definitely hugs, but for most friends, even pretty good friends, I'm pretty happy with no physical contact. But when my finger is in its normal state, I am fine with shaking hands with most people I encounter.
20. Can you quote lines from Saved by the Bell from memory? If so, what’s your favorite? Nothing comes to mind, but I definitely watched the show way longer than I would have liked.
Now it’s your turn! Take a few moments to post your answers, then go back to alltheweigh.com to link up in the comments!
Happy Monday Friends!