Friday, September 23, 2011

Family Growing Again!

Crazy!  Well, not too crazy, but exciting.  One of my remaining single older brothers just got engaged!  My family is growing by leaps and bounds these days.  I got a new sister-in-law when my baby brother got married in July.  I'm getting another new sister-in-law when another younger brother gets married in a few weeks.  And now there will be another wedding to anticipate!  That only leaves one unmarried sibling -- my next oldest brother.  As far as I can tell, he's not even close to settling down and pulling the trigger.  I could see him being a one-woman-man at some point, but not sure he'd feel a need to make it legal, and not sure when he'll find that one woman -- he may be having too much fun looking.

Anyway, this brother was planning to get engaged months ago on a trip overseas to see her family in Germany.  But then his job got in the way, and he wasn't able to make the trip with her, so her sister went along instead.  But he already had the ring and was just waiting for the right time and place. 

They are on vacation right now in Sanibel Island, and that was the right time and place it turns out!  Woo-hoo! 

An interesting/odd thing is that my bro is older than me and she is younger than me -- they have a gap of over 10 years, just like my husband and I do.  And my next youngest brother married someone older than me -- their age gap is more like 4 or 5 years, but it's still funny that they overlapped like that.  On paper, someone would guess the older sister-in-law would be married to one of my older siblings, and the younger to a younger. 

Of all the recent family additions, this one I know least of all but seems absolutely wonderful. 

Let's see if I can paste a few photos of them:







So I was just pulling those off facebook, and in looking for a few pics to grab to share, what strikes me in looking at them is how happy my bro looks.  Who could want anything more for her family?  I love seeing my brothers happy and choosing wonderful women with which to spend their lives. 

In my family, it's tradition for the guys to do a big grouse hunt in November, and the last several years all the women have met somewhere for a spa/shopping weekend.  Hubby and I haven't ever joined in, mostly b/c we haven't had the spare vacation time, but also since so much travel would be involved for us (and we fly up there in Dec anyway), and hubby doesn't hunt (though he does love shooting, just wouldn't kill an animal).  But one of these years we'll both join them.  If the grouse hunt this year wasn't the same weekend as the San Antonio marathon, maybe this would have been the year.  But by the time the dates were set, my marathon was already on the books, so maybe next year.  But seeing a picture like this one from last year's girls non-hunt weekend makes me want to go.  I don't know the person whose face is partially obstructed, but the two full faces on the left side are my sisters-in-law now, the third one will be next month, and the one on the end will be as soon as they set a date! 


Love my family and happy to see that it will grow again.  I started this year with 2 sisters-in-law and by the time all this year's weddings and engagements are done, I'll have 5! 

No comments:

Post a Comment