Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Weather update

So the "100 or higher" streak in Dallas continues.

Based on the forecast going forward:
Today -- 107
Tomorrow -- 105
Thursday -- 104
Friday -- 103
Saturday -- 103
Sunday -- 102

Friday will be the day that we tie the all-time record here (set in 1980) for most consecutive days at 100 or higher (Friday will be day number 42).  And it sounds like we should break the record pretty easily.  No relief in sight...

Strangely enough, I feel fairly acclimated to it.  It's like every time I'm outside working out, I know it's hot, but it's just a given. 

We only had 6 miles on the schedule today so I went out for 1 extra when we were done, but our pace was overall pretty slow, which felt nice. 

How many more weeks though until I start feeling fast?  Until it's in the 70s when I run?  Right now I'd even take 79.  I feel like I can barely remember temps in the 60s in the morning...  Oh, that's right, that's because I pretty much never got that this year.  I think that was the second half of April and the beginning of May when we were in Italy and I wasn't running!  Maybe one year we'll become like all the Italians and take our month of holiday in August instead of going in the spring like we usually do. It would be so nice to spend August somewhere other than in Dallas...

No comments:

Post a Comment