Friday, August 5, 2011

Big Ambitions

So the scale has been alarming lately.  I don't feel like I'm really doing anything differently, but not only have I still not lost my Italy pounds, but it seems like another couple pounds are joining them.  Ugh.  I need to start watching things. 

I have big running plans for the weekend, maybe that will help.  Unlikely, I know, but maybe.

Tonight we're going to dinner at a friend's house.  I'll probably eat and drink way too much.  But tomorrow, I'm meeting a couple pals for a lake loop very early in the morning.  That will be about 9 miles.  After that, I'm going to walk or run solo to a nearby park for a race.  My local bestie is going to pick up my husband and meet me there, then the three of us are going to be a team for the relay.  It's a 6 mile race, 3 person teams, 2 miles per leg.  I go first, hubby's taking the middle and my bestie's running anchor.  That should be fun.  I want to run really easy for the lake loop so that I can try to go hard in the race.

But who am I kidding?  It's way too hot for me to realistically expect to do well.  But I can try. 

Then we have a day o' crap on Saturday.  Fun things like mailing wedding shower gifts to my next future sister-in-law, washing sheets and towels, taking my car in for an oil change, a couple cleaning/organizing projects, hopefully a movie (hubby's choice, something about apes), and probably several other errands.  If I'm very, very lucky, I'll get to start a puzzle with my bestie.  Hubby and I have a wedding Saturday night but we rsvp'd no b/c it's just too much, esp with our Sunday morning schedule. 

Sunday morning my running best buddy is going to run from our running store to my house to pick me up, then we'll run to the store together (just under 2 miles, so he'll be at almost 4 miles by the time we get to the store together), then we're running with our White Rock training groups for 10 miles, then he's going to run me part or all of the way home (another 2 miles for me, 3-4 for him). 

So I had about 1 mile this morning at boot camp, then about 11 on Sat, and 14 on Sun.  That doesn't sound too crazy really, kind of like doing a 6 on Sat and 19 on Sun, which doesn't seem too bad, but it's going to be the most I've done 2 days in a row in a long time. 

The key for me is not to eat like I'm running 25 miles in 2 days!  Then maybe I can start to undo some of the damage that's being done...

Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment