Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Serves me right!

So no sooner do I post my first entry of the summer b!tching about the heat, than does this morning get here.  I have the TV on as I'm getting dressed for camp and putting in my contacts.  91 at DFW at 5:10ish.  Oh my... I think it eventually cooled down to 88 or something, but it was 91 when I started.  Ugh! 

But Wednesdays are almost easy for me.  Hubby and I carpool to boot camp, and then one of my besties runs to camp and then we run home together on the trail.  Her place is about a mile before ours, so I run the last mile solo, but it gives us a little chance to catch up.  This morning she said she basically ran down to camp to tell me to get a ride home, it was just too hot.  But getting a ride home wasn't really an option (unless I bummed a ride from a friend), b/c hubby was going straight to work.  So I ran the 5k home despite the heat. 

To me, it didn't feel that much worse than 86 felt.  It's just hot right now.

I would like to be able to tell you about my negative splits on the way home.  I manage to do that most weeeks.  The first mile we sometimes stop for water, but either way, we're chatting a lot, getting into the groove, etc.  The second mile we pick up the pace some, and then I drop her off at home and I try to push a bit harder for the third mile.  I know I succeeded this morning.  I think making each mile about 50 seconds faster than the previous mile.

But that's based on memory.  Because somehow my garmin home data screen is now displaying solely in a language I can't read -- maybe Chinese?  And I have no idea how to change it back.  I will probably call one of my best running buddies today and see if he can walk me through it.  I call my best friend for the same kind of help when there's a big privacy setting change on Facebook.  Since I fb in Italian, and I speak Italian, I can kind of do it myself, but some of the words are odd translations and I want to make sure I'm turning off all the correct settings, so she just tells me to click something like the second button from the left on the top, called Profile, and I'll say, oh yes, Profilo.  But no such luck when it's Chinese.  I can say Nee-hau, but I can't write it!  Let alone change my Garmin online profile back to English (or even Italian). 

No comments:

Post a Comment