Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vacation Eats: Snacks in France

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

We have a long tradition of eating crepes on vacation.  We can't say exactly when it started, but when we were in Colorado (Colorado Springs and Breckenridge) for my cousin's graduation from the Air Force Academy, we ate them every day.  On our big trip last year (Charlottesville, Pittsburgh, DC, Stockholm, St. Petersburg, Moscow), we ate them in Charlottesville during our first stop and then in almost every other city (though none in Pittsburgh, and in Russia, they were more like blintzes).  On our honeymoon in Greece and Turkey, we seemed to find at least one crepe each every day. 

So of course we were quite excited to be in the crepe capital of Paris.  I wish I'd taken more photos, but by the end of the trip, camera fatigue was setting in.  I had a cheese one, and I think all the others were sweet (sugar and lemon).  Anyway, this is a guy making my cheese crepe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment