Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vacation Eats: A less over-the-top meal

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

Continuing the vacation meal recaps, here's a dinner "in casa" in Lecce.  Again, the meal was made especially for me -- all meat-free!

Above, to start, brocoli rabe?  Rapini?  Lost in translation.


Followed by peas, fresh mozzarella, olives, and an olive-bread.  Oh, and I ate about 10x what's shown on my plate. 


Dessert was fruit and whipped cream.


I chose pears, kiwi, oranges, strawberries and whipped cream.


Another Easter cake, home-made.  I couldn't eat it b/c it contained almonds.  But I was full enough!


 The Easter lamb cake after several portions were cut out!


The wine we had with dinner.  Different from in Calabria where they drink wine that isn't sold in stores.  Not sure if it's a regional difference, or just different families do different things (like some Calabrians maybe buy bottled wine?  Or some Pugliese drink homemade wine?). 

All in all, another completely amazing meal, probably the healthiest of the trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment