Saturday, May 14, 2011

Vacation Eats: Pizza in Pizzo

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

When we got to Italy, and finally got off our connecting flight in Lamezia, got our rental car and drove to Pizzo, we were starving and it was late.  We worried most restaurants would have closed for the afternoon, which is common there.

We tried to go back to where we had our rehearsal dinner, but the restaurant has moved.  Instead we found a tiny new place for pizza.  Owned by a couple for just over a year, and she was sitting in the restaurant with their 10 month old daughter who was being entertained by her mother, while she gave us plates and menus while her husband cooked.

Good pizza and fries.  I got 4 cheese with olives (not pitted!) and hubby got mushroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment