Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hills!

I decided I need to start pushing myself back into the swing of things.  I'm having trouble dialing down my food intake (so instead I'm trying to make sure the truckfuls of stuff I'm shoveling in my pie-hole (hi Carrie!) is somewhat healthy), so I need to push myself to move.

This morning I asked my local bestie if I could tag along with her group who was running hills.  Ah, it was tough but in a good way.  So glad to be getting back to normal. 

Our house is also somewhat less chaotic now.  Hubby was off work yesterday, so he got all his stuff unpacked and put away, and for the most part I've done the same, but the house still desperately needs some attention -- cleaning, organizing, etc., but somehow that always ends up being low priority for me.

I'd like to spend some time on it this weekend, but I think there are going to be about a million things to do.  I'm volunteering for a local half marathon on Sat with two good running buddies, and hopefully going out for breakfast with them afterward.  That may be the high point of my wknd.  Also have tons of life organization type stuff to do.  Now that I like my job so much and I feel so busy the entire time I'm at the office, I need to do all the stuff like uploading vacation pictures, researching flights for a bachelorette party and my brother's wedding, etc. over the weekend.

My example from yesterday of how busy I was at work:  I was hungry for lunch starting around 11 (as I said, my stomach stretched out a lot in Italy), but I ate my snacks in hopes of holding off until 1, my normal lunch time.  Finally around 1:20, things calmed down a bit and I went to get my frozen meal out of the fridge for lunch.  I had packed a frozen Kashi meal (black bean mango) (again, trying to bring some sense of normalcy back to my portion size and calorie intake) and one of those individual servings of frozen peas.  I went to the microwave in a diff part of the office, and threw in the meal for 2 minutes.  Then I usually pull it out, cook the peas while I stir the meal, then finish cooking the meal.  Well, 2 minutes is a long time to wait when you're busy, so I went back to my desk to do a couple things real quick.  Hubby called at 2 with a question and suddenly I realized I'd never gone back to finish cooking my lunch!  Crazy!  Esp since I was absolutely starving all day!  I NEVER forget to eat, so I have no idea how that happened, except to say, wow, it's busy at work.

At my last job, if I went on vacation for 2 or more weeks in a row, it wasn't too hard to come back b/c most things would have carried on without me.  There would be some backlog to address, but nothing crazy.  But notably, if I was out of the office for only a week or less, there would be tons of stuff waiting for me when I got back.  But if I was gone long enough, things would move along without me.  Not so at my current job.  There were about 2 things that needed urgent attention while I was gone, and both were addressed by others, but everything else just sat there waiting for me to come back!  Yeah, very busy.  But I'm not complaining, I enjoy the work and the people so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment