Friday, May 13, 2011

Vacation Eats: Desserts in Boston

This is a post in my "Vacation Eats" series. I'm posting about various eating and drinking experiences I had on our 2011 Vacation Extravaganza -- Pittsburgh, Boston, Italy, Paris, Pittsburgh. A link to all posts so far is available here. The idea is to lose all the pounds I gained by the time I'm finished with this posting series!

I was going to include a post about dinner the night before the marathon, but I didn't take any pictures, except of the two desserts.

A whole group of us got tickets through a trip planning company for a private dining room at Maggiano's.  That worked out very well.  There were a couple big salads, and a creamy spinach dip that I wanted to eat, but resigned myself to small tastes of all.  Then there were a couple pasta dishes, chicken and fish.  I stuck to my plain pasta with red sauce and it worked well.

After dinner there were 2 desserts:  apple pie and chocolate cake.  Hard not to eat too much of these, but again, I really didn't want to pay for it during the race, so smallish portions were all I ate.



Other desserts in Boston:  gelato near the hotel on race day, a chocolate chip cannoli from Mike's, and a plain cannoli from Modern.  Very hard to say which cannoli I preferred.  I'd probably choose Mike's but that might be b/c of the chocolate chips or b/c I ate it first.  They were both awesome and I'm very glad I don't live in Boston b/c I'd be inclined to eat them quite frequently! 





P.S. We also went out for a great second anniversary dinner at a tapas place called Toro, but I failed to take any food photos there.  But on our flight to Italy the next day, I promise the photos begin in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment