Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Online frustration!

My new running coach is a big believer in heart rate training and we are required to gather heart rate data from our first official race (which is a 10k in a week and a half).  So I ordered a new garmin with heart rate monitor (through Amazon, but shipping from Beach Camera, so consider yourself warned).  Estimated date of delivery:  yesterday.

When I got to work first thing, I tracked the package again -- it had arrived in Hutchins, Texas (wherever that is) and had a new estimated date of delivery of Thursday.  Sigh.  Oh well, at least I'd have it for this weekend and then have a week to play with it before the 10k. 

But then yesterday around 10:00, a package arrived at work (I ship things there because of that occasional pesky signature requirement) and the receptionist called me to say it was for me.  I went to get it and the box was huge, but light.  I opened it -- a messenger bag!  Shipped from Beach Camera!  To me!

Argh!  I looked at the invoice.  Bill to and ship to some name I've never heard of with an address in Spokane.  The price, something like $25, or roughly 1/10 of what I paid for the watch I ordered. 

On closer examination, I see that the invoice number is xxx99, while mine was xxx09, so only a single digit off.  MAJOR FRUSTRATION.

I called Beach Camera.  On hold for customer service, of course, for about 10-15 minutes, then am told I'll have to return the bag and after they get the bag, then they can send the watch I ordered.  They'll email me a return authorization.  I wait hours (hoping to take the package to FedEx after work so I can expedite the process as much as possible).  Nothing.

I call again and they say there was no request to issue a shipping label.  Really?  So I'm supposed to pay myself to return their fck-up?  The person I called last night said she'd issue a shipping label, but of course that's going to take another day. 

I probably should just cancel the order completely and get it from somewhere else, but I can only imagine how complicated that will be.  So I have no idea what I'm going to do now.  Guess I'll cross my fingers that it will get here by the race. 

Such a major disappointment and such a major frustration.  Seriously, how hard is it to make sure the name and address and invoice number on the box match the name/address/invoice on the inside???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment