Monday, January 3, 2011

Lo Scapolo

A translation of the title, The Bachelor. 

My worst TV obsession and a new season begins tonight.  Sadly, we'll probably watch and I'll get hooked.  I always swear if the first episode is bad, I won't watch the season.  The first episode is ALWAYS bad and I ALWAYS watch the season.  I can't help it.  I also watch The Bachelorette, and I even stooped low enough to watch Bachelor Pad.  And my poor husband complains but stays with me while I watch...

Our DVR is way backed up.  We're only current on shows through about mid-November, and about a two-month lag is pretty normal for us.  We get home from work late enough that we're lucky to make it through a one-hour show before going to bed, and we don't watch every night (and when we do, we also sometimes watch movies).  Given the many shows we record, it means we're perpetually behind and slipping further back, but once in a while, we'll watch a ton on a lazy Saturday or something. 

My other sad (and some not-so-sad) TV obsessions: 

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant (seriously?  but sure enough, some of these stories are compelling, like the woman who miscarried only two of the three implanted embryos, or the woman told she was sterile after chemo, etc.);
Hoarders (I use this show in hopes of getting myself to throw stuff away, but if nothing else, it discourages further accumulation);
The Office (like it, like it);
Ballando con le Stelle (the Italian version of Dancing with the Stars);
Law & Order SVU (used to love it but this season sucks, too message-heavy, but still watching anyway);
The Event (hubby's choice, I like it okay);
The Chase (we mostly fast-forward just looking for scenes filmed in Dallas; they've filmed many times near where each of us work);
Outsourced (have yet to watch a single episode, but have several recorded);
Police Women of Dallas (again, mostly just to see Dallas on screen).

And we also watch the Fox shows on Sundays when we have time (Simpsons, Cleveland show (just started DVRing), Family Guy, American Dad). 

My past fave TV shows were Lost, Friends, Seinfeld, and ER for a while.  Anyway, for lack of a better topic, and given the excitement and hope I have for tonight's premier of Lo Scapolo, that's all I've got today. 

BTW, we watch the regular American version of the Bachelor.  As far as I know, there's no Italian version, but wow, wouldn't that be hilarious???!!! 

Our Italian vocabulary words for last night are on the list at home, but included fun words such as spatula, affair, unload, dishwasher, and others no doubt (hubby knew those last three, but I didn't).  Thankfully, we didn't have to discuss the shattering of any glass measuring devices.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Bachelor too! I had to tape it ciz the hubby wont watch it.

    I miss Lost! That was one of my fav shows for a loooong time.

    ReplyDelete